In this recipe, we have combined the traditional Spanish “ratatouille with egg” with a few slices of Serrano ham for an extra boost of protein and flavor.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 55 g (80 ml) yellow onions chopped
- 140 g green bell peppers chopped
- 70 g red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 200 g zucchini, cut into 0.5 cm cubes
- 230 g (300 ml) tomatoes, grated salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 200 g ham, cured
- In a pan, stir-fry the onion and peppers in half of the oil for five minutes. Season with a bit of salt so that the onion releases its water and the vegetables cook more easily.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for two more minutes.
- Add the zucchini, sauté for two minutes and then add the tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer together over medium heat for about 15-20 minutes until everything is cooked through, the sauce has thickened a bit, and the vegetables are tender but still whole.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs in a frying pan with the remaining oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready, serve the ratatouille on individual plates with the egg on top and the slices of ham on the side.
Optimized macros for effective and healthy weight loss
12g 12% Net carbs 32g 30% Protein 27g 58% Fat (kcal: 434)
Improve your health and fitness with a plan from Element Fitness
No matter where you are with your health & fitness plan we can provide the advice you need to move forward to reach your goals. Our certified world-class personal trainers are here to help you and make you feel confident with your fitness journey.
Get in touch with one of our friendly Element Fitness staff members today to book a personal training session.