This is some no-joke brain and body food! Keto superstars avocado, egg and anchovies meet the versatile kohlrabi in Seamus Mullen’s seriously delicious appetizer that’s filling enough be a meal on its own.
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbsp green chili peppers, preferably Serrano
- 1 tbsp (6 g) fresh ginger, grated and peeled
- ¼ garlic clove, finely grated
- 3 tbsp sprigs fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 10 g anchovies, fillets
- 4 tbsp avocado oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1½ limes, the juice
- 2 kohlrabis, cut into paper-thin slices on a mandoline
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 2 soft-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado, chiles, ginger, garlic, cilantro, anchovies, half of the avocado oil and half of the lime juice and mash together with a potato masher.
- In another large bowl, toss the kohlrabi, the remaining lime juice, the remaining avocado oil and a pinch of salt. Arrange on a serving plate and top with the avocado mixture and the halved eggs.
- Zest the remaining lime half on top, sprinkle with salt and drizzle with oil.