Tomato sauce, rich and comforting. Mozzarella, fresh and creamy. Meatballs, with just the right touch of onion and basil. It’s like spaghetti night, without the carbs. Enjoy every ketolicious bite!
- 450 g ground beef
- 175 ml (60 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 425 ml (425 g) canned whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (8 g) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 200 g (1.5 liters) fresh spinach
- 50 g butter
- 150 g (325 ml) fresh mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Place ground beef, parmesan cheese, egg, salt and spices in a bowl and blend thoroughly. Form the mixture into meatballs, about 1 oz (30 grams) each. It helps to keep your hands wet while forming the balls.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the meatballs until they’re golden brown on all sides.
- Lower the heat and add the canned tomatoes. Let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley and stir.
- You can prepare the dish up to this point for freezing.
- Melt the butter in a separate frying pan and fry the spinach for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the spinach to the meatballs, and stir to combine.
- Serve with mozzarella cheese on top, torn into bite-sized pieces.