- 350 g cauliflower florets, riced
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- large egg
- ground black pepper
- 170 g smoked deli ham, cubed or diced
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- large eggs
- 80 ml
- garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Cook on high for 8 to 10 minutes, until very soft. Set a tea towel in a strainer in the sink and drain the cauliflower through the tea towel.
- Once cool enough to handle, gather the ends of the tea towel together and squeeze out as much liquid from the cauliflower as possible. Transfer to a large bowl and preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients, until well combined. Grease a glass or ceramic pie plate and press the cauliflower mixture into the bottom and up the sides. Bake 10-15 minutes, until just firm to the touch.
- Maintain oven heat at 350°F (175°C) and scatter the ham and cheese over the bottom of the crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and garlic until well combined. Season lightly with salt and pepper and pour into the crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until the center of the quiche is just set. Remove and let cool 15 minutes before serving.
If you don’t have a microwave, you can also prepare the cauliflower on the stovetop. Melt some butter or coconut oil in a skillet. Add the cauliflower and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the riced cauliflower gets soft.
256kcal per serving
- NET CARBS 4g 6%
- PROTEIN 19g 29%
- FAT1 8g 65%