These thin, egg-less, dairy-free, low-carb vegan pancakes are exceptionally crispy and delicious. The taste almost reminds you of parathas (pan-fried Indian flatbread). If you eat butter, replace the coconut oil with butter and they will taste even more amazing. Switch it up by serving them with either a savory or sweet topping.
- 1 cup (4 oz.) almond flour
- 3 tbsp unflavored protein powder, pea protein
- 1½ tsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- coconut oil for frying
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Stir in the almond milk to create a thick batter.
- Add the vanilla extract and the unsweetened applesauce and mix well.
- Heat a skillet with coconut oil on medium-high heat until the coconut oil is melted and the skillet is hot.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter into the skillet, using a spatula to smooth the batter into a pancake about 3″ (7 cm) in diameter.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to firm up. When the edges are firm, flip the pancake to the other side and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked through.