Are Home Training Workouts Effective?
Finding time for fitness is never easy, but home training could provide the answer. From using follow along workouts via an app or renting/buying a few pieces of basic training equipment, to setting up a complete gym in a room in your house, at-home workouts could be the key to your fitness.
If you’re going to be training at home, can you get the same level of quality in terms of equipment and benefits from your training as you get from a gym? The answer is yes, but with certain provisos. Home training can offer many advantages over gym training but equally, it can be attractive to visit a dedicated facility to train, rather than carry out exercises in front of the TV or in a spare room.
Home training – for and against …
For home workouts
- Saves time by eliminating traveling to and from the gym.
- Convenience — your training facility is always available whenever you feel like exercising.
- No queuing to use your favourite piece of gym equipment.
Against home workouts
- Needs imagination to maintain interest in your training this is where VIRTUAL TRAINING is a great tool.
You need to ensure your form is correct so with the supervision of a gym instructor virtually you can remain injury free
Initial outlay can be high if you’re planning to set up a gym in your own home but Element provide equipment rental along with challenging body weight workouts so you stay FIT without setting up and entire gym at home!
- It can become boring and de-motivating to continually train alone if you are not doing interactive classes. At a public gym you’ll find:
There is likely to be a greater range of equipment that you can’t afford for your home gym and more people therefore it is more social
- You can complete a perfectly good fitness routine at home, using nothing more than your own bodyweight. Tricep dips, the plank, mountain climbers, lunges and bodyweight squats are all examples great conditioning exercises. As you progress in your training, you can increase the reps you complete of each exercise, raise the number of sets and also reduce the rest time between sets.
- Another option for training at home is to follow a workout video or LIVE virtual class. This way you get the social aspect as well working out with others and ti provides accountability of having someone there to push you.
So are home workouts effective?
The short answer is yes. Providing you are prepared to put a little time and effort into your workout at home, it can be just as effective as a gym workout. It all depends on the individual, some people prefer to see others working out to find motivation and know that if they did not make the effort to go to the gym, then they would not bother carrying out any exercise at home. However for others, the prospect of going into a gym is daunting and therefore exercising in the comfort of their own home is much more appealing.